Saturday, August 29, 2009

THE BIRTHDAY BOY!!!!!

Today is the most special day in my life.....on this day at 12:10 p.m. I turned 23 years old. For as young as I am, I've seen my fair share of things in the short time GOD has granted me upon this Earth. For that, I can say that I have come a long way.......I am developing into the man my mom wants me to be.  Although I've made my mistakes at a younger age than I am now, I am rectifying all wrongdoings and getting myself back to where I should be. Ha, nothing like hittin your low points at a young age, so when you're older you will know what you SHOULD and SHOULD NOT do. That's what I am talking about.

Someone might think me crazy for mentioning what I just wrote, but in actuality I see the logic of learning to make my mistakes and falling on my butt and hard times at a younger age, so when I grow older, I will know where my priorities lie.  I received many well wishes today for my birthday, and am grateful to all of the individuals who took the time to bestow their blessings upon me. I will say that I was supposed to hear from some certain people but did not, which lets me know that they didn't think to wish me well on my special day.  I am not mad, but at the same time, I am not surprised neither as it will not stop me from living my life and enjoying the time that I have here.

Many of my friends, coworkers, and associates have all called me "KID", "YOUNG MAN" YOUNGIN' and such names to account for my young age; however, what they fail to realize is that behind this young age stands a great deal of wisdom and knowledge. I am grateful that I hold all of it, because I am as my mom says a smart young black man.  There is nothing that matters more to me in this world than her, and I want nothing more than to continue growing and being a successful independent man that she sees and is proud of to this day. My family matters to me, as it should for any and all people, and I want to make them proud of me, for all things I accomplish and strive to accomplish in my life, I do it to the best of my ability. I give over 100% in all that I do, because I know that putting my best foot forward means that I will get back what I put into my job or task at hand (sorry, military talk there for a second).

I want to take a moment and thank GOD first and foremost for blessing me to my family 23 years ago on this day. Mom, you are my rock, and I love you so very much. Dad, things get crazy, but I do love you with all my heart. Warren and Jonathan....you two knuckleheads piss me off every chance you get, and are always doing something to upset Mama, but that's what children do.....they play off of each other whether it's good or bad, and at the end of the day, when all else is gone, you should have your family to fall back on for support whether you need it or not. Grandma, you know very well your baby grandson loves you as the day is bright and the nights are peaceful......because you're always trying to give me something, and you know that I'll take it even though you don't have to give them to me. Anaya and Aaliyah, my two beautiful and "BAD" nieces.....you know that uncle loves you two very much, and he is always here to be there for you. Yall's crazy a** moms and dads love you very much, even though you two be acting out when they don't give you what you want, and you come running to "Uncle Adam" thinking I am going to give it to you.

To all of my friends, coworkers, associates, and those who've entered my life for a season or a reason......I have learned so much from all that I've encountered; not just what I look for in friends and potential soulmates, but what I should bring to the table in order to make my friendships/relationships work. Tim, Keith, Stephanie, Marquita, Darrick, J.R., Earnest/Tynisha, Jaymie, and many others who I may not have named.....a lot of you have been there for me, to listen to me when I gripe, to console me when I've been down, and to cheer for me in my happiest of times, and for those who have come and gone, I wish you all the best in your life. For those who are still here, I'm stuck wit ya'lls crazy a**es for the time being, but I couldn't have asked for some better friends.

As I bring this post to a close, I wanted to do something that I hadn't done all day (and I don't understand why) and that's wish myself a prosperous and blessed Happy Birthday. So......without futher ado....here's to you Adam, I mean me.....hahahahahaha

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment